Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Mother of the boy who rode in the tyre of Arik Plane speaks


The mother of the 15 year-old-boy who alighted from the wheel of an Airplane in Lagos, Mrs Evelyn Oikhena, said she could never imagine that her son could take up on such suicide like journey to a place he has not set his foot on for the first time.

During an interview in Benin City, yesterday, Mrs Oikhena stated that her son was at home with his elder sister, Tonia, his two younger brothers and his grand mother while the mother was away to her elder sister's place who had put to bed.

Read her statements below:
“So I was shocked when I came back Saturday morning, and they told me that Daniel has disappeared and when I asked my daughter she said she had a quarrel with him because the boy was watching movies late into the night.
“I had even gone to report the matter at Evbuotubu police station before my sister-in-law from Germany called me to say that the story of my son was in the internet.
“One of Daniel’s younger brothers said he saw him remove his school books from his bag. So I asked my neighbhours whether any of them saw him and they told me that around 5 to 6 am, they heard sounds that somebody was opening the gate but never thought it was my son. He doesn’t go out. What I know is that he is alwayswatching movies in the house but he doesn’t have friends.
“I went to Oba Market police station, they referred me to Evbuotubu police station. When I got there, they said they would declare him missing after 24 hours and that I should come back the next day. I went to inform my pastor and other members, my friends and other relations.”
Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banner2