Sunday, June 30, 2013

VIDEO: Lady Gaga's Emotional Speech at NYC Gay Pride Rally

DOWNLOAD VIDEO

This is the first time Lady Gaga is making a public appearance since cancelling the rest of her tour earlier this year to undergo hip surgery

She gave an emotional speech celebrating same-sex marriage’s Supreme Court victories.
 "I would like to thank everyone from the Supreme Court to every legislator and political leader that has ever stood with us," she said. "I am so fortunate to have been welcomed by all of you into the LGBT community and to this family … Our evolution as LGBT citizens always continues to change and we see that the further we are able to reveal and share our lives, the further we move into the hearts and minds of other Americans."
"When I was in high school and grade school and younger, I was considered to be an outcast and I just couldn’t find my place," she said. "Where did I fit in? And I look back on that time and I remember feeling that I was cut from a different mold."
There was a particular crowd who did accept me. There was a particular crowd who made room for me at their table, who held me up when I felt I couldn’t, who loved me for exactly who I was. It was you. And to stand here equal to you tonight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banner2